Gulf Coast Events
Mark your calendar with these distinctive events along the Gulf Coast in all of our beach locations, including Fort Walton Beach, Destin, Scenic 30A, Panama City Beach, Navarre Beach, Pensacola Beach, Perdido Key, Orange Beach, Gulf Shores and Fairhope. While each area hosts their own events, the beach communities are so close to one another, and often intertwined, that visiting guests can participate and enjoy neighboring activities going on nearby with ease.
One-of-a-kind festivals and fairs celebrate so many different passions and interests. With fishing core to all of our communities, we commemorate several seafood festivals and fishing tournaments highlighting local fare and seasonal favorites. With the unique arts and culture of our exceptional areas, art expos, plein air artists, live theater, and wine and music festivals satisfy the creative souls. For the athletes, our climate is perfect for foot races, duathlons and triathlons, as well as fantastic beach volleyball tournaments.
Southern Vacation Rentals event guide can direct you to countless ways to explore these happenings, either to enhance your existing vacation or perhaps entice you to plan your next trip to the beach. We hope you will want to plan more than one.
2019 Emerald Coast Boat Week & Poker Run
August 7 - August 10
2019 Emerald Coast Boat Week & Poker Run ~ Fort Walton Beach, Florida Events by Southern
Get ready for a week of festivities with the 2019 Emerald Coast Boat Week! In it’s 27th year, Boat Week starts with a bang the night of August 7. Then, the fun will conclude with “The Big One” Poker Run on August 10.
The following events will make up Boat Week:
- Blues, Brews, and BBQ Party – 6 PM on August 7 – The official kick-off party at AJ’s on the Bayou
- Miss Boat Week Bikini Contest – 8 PM on August 8 – The Block in Fort Walton Beach
- Sponsor Party – 5:30 PM August 8 – Floyd’s Shrimp House
- Rockin’ the Docks Captains Party – 7 PM on August 9 – AJ’s Destin
- “The Big One” Emerald Coast Poker Run – 9 AM on August 10
- Emerald Coast Poker Run Party – 6 PM on August 10 – Emerald Coast convention Center
The following stops will be made during the Poker Run:
- Two Georges Marina, Shalimar
- AJ’s on the Bayou, Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Landing, Fort Walton Beach
- Juana’s Pagoda, Navarre
- Bamboo Willies, Pensacola Beach
- The Napkin Stop, Private home, Fort Walton Beach
- Legendary Marine/Marina, Destin
- Private residence, Joe’s Bayou, Destin
- Adventure Marina, Fort Walton Beach
Every type of boat you can imagine will fill the local waterways for one of the largest and most popular charity poker runs in the country! Meanwhile, all proceeds from Emerald Coast Boat Week and Poker Run go to the recipient children’s charities of the Emerald Coast Foundation. In addition, the Emerald Coast Foundation has raised over $2.5 million dollars for our local kids in need throughout the years.
If you are coming to town for Emerald Coast Boat Week & Poker Run, stay in one of Southern’s Fort Walton Beach vacation rentals. Reserve Vista Del Mar #8, a third-floor condo near miles of natural undeveloped beach.