- Cut two pieces of your fabric into rectangles measuring 10in x 18in.
- Pin two rows of elastic along the 18in piece of fabric, about 3in apart.
- Using either your sewing machine or needle and thread, sew the elastic into the fabric, leaving gaps about 1-2in apart – you’ll want to alternate a little, as you’ll need to fit varying size cables (headphones, chargers, etc).
- Sew a fastener about 1/3 of the way up and 1in in.
- Taking a small piece of elastic and the belt clasp, loop the clasp onto the elastic and position it at the top edge between the fabric.
- Sew around all of the layers, leaving about 2in gap at the end.
- Turn the whole piece inside out, then sew around the outside.
- Attach the other end of the buckle with more elastic and attach!
We hope you like our DIY travel cord kit! If you’ve made and enjoyed any of our Southern Scoop DIY travel hacks, we’d love to see your creations! Tag us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter using our hashtag #MySweetSouthern. Meanwhile, if you haven’t seen our other Southern Scoop blogs, make sure you check the Gulf Coast Blog! Since we’ve got you covered from Panama City, Florida to Gulf Shores and Fort Morgan Alabama, make sure to browse on over to our events page to find out about what’s happening in your vacation area! Thank you for being a part of the Southern family, and we’ll see you next month with another delicious quick recipe!