The Ultimate Guide to Gulf Shores in a Weekend
Weekend Guide to Gulf Shores
Is a weekend getaway calling your name? We have the perfect vacation spot for you. Below is your guide to Gulf Shores in a weekend. Discover tips on where to stay, exciting adventures you won’t want to miss, and a variety of restaurants to check out.
Now is the time to book a weekend trip! Peak season has come to an end, and now the off-season rates, smaller crowds, and pleasant fall weather are in effect. You will find fewer people on the beaches, you may discover it is easier to book reservations and excursions, and the weather starts to cool down slightly in the morning and evenings.
Where to Stay
Here at Southern, we offer a variety of vacation rentals in Gulf Shores, AL to choose from. No matter what size travel party you are vacationing with, there is something for everyone. Take a look at our rental inventory today and find beachfront condos, luxury homes, and more.
West Side Cottages #S – Indigo Blue
This three-bedroom, four-bathroom Gulf Shores vacation rental can easily accommodate up to 10 guests. It is only moments from the beach and features coastal décor throughout, so you can slip into vacation mode upon your arrival. Enjoy the privacy of your own rental and the community pool's adventure. Spend your mornings sinking your toes in the sand and your afternoons relaxing by the pool. We guarantee you will want to return to West Side Cottages #S – Indigo Blue year after year.
Sea Glass #211Traveling with a smaller group? Consider Sea Glass #211. With two bedrooms and one and a half bathrooms, this coastal condo in Gulf Shores can sleep six, making it the perfect choice for a quick family trip or retreat with friends. It is beachfront, so you are only seconds from the Gulf of Mexico. Not to mention, there is a community pool, a hot tub and grills for guests to take advantage of. Make sure to get out and explore the area, as you will find yourself staying close to family-friendly attractions and delicious restaurants.
If you have ever visited Gulf Shores, AL before then you know there is an endless number of fun things to do. Of course, you will spend hours soaking up the beach views. Building sandcastles, swimming through the Gulf, and savoring the sunshine are some of the best ways to spend your vacation. Let’s look at a few other ideas that will bring excitement to your stay!
- Fishing Charter – Get out on the water and see the shoreline from a unique perspective. Trust us when we say, there is nothing more thrilling than reeling in a fish. There are many different charters throughout Gulf Shores, AL that are sure to have you headed home with a cooler full of fresh fish.
- Gulf State Park – With 6,500 acres, Gulf State Park is the perfect location for those looking to enjoy the beach as well as experience walking trails, bird watching and more. Visiting the park is a wonderful way to get to know the ecosystem that makes up our beautiful beaches.
- Dolphin Cruise – Traveling with kids? If yes, a dolphin cruise is a must-do! There is nothing like cruising through incredible blue waters and suddenly you see a dolphin fin pop up out of the water. You may even get lucky and see dolphins jump through the air!
Gulf Shores is filled with delicious restaurants to try. No matter if you are looking for a romantic dinner or casual spot for the whole family, you are sure to find a menu to your liking. Visit our Gulf Coast Guide for more ideas on restaurants in Gulf Shores, AL.
- Cobalt – Enjoy fresh seafood and a beautiful view of the water. Cobalt is known for its amazing service, relaxing atmosphere and flavorful menu.
- Fisherman’s Corner – Treat your tastebuds to local seafood with a Cajun flair. You truly can’t go wrong with any item from the menu at Fisherman’s Corner.
- Picnic Beach BBQ – Try something new at Picnic Beach BBQ. Find everything from hamburgers to poke bowls. A fun, casual environment!
- Original Oyster House – If you are someone who travels to the beach craving oysters, check out Original Oyster House! This restaurant is a staple throughout the area.
No matter how you like to vacation, this guide to Gulf Shores in a weekend is perfect for your next beach retreat. Book today and start planning activities and dining for a fun-filled trip.