Add These Pensacola Events to Your Travel Plans
October Events in Pensacola
One of the best reasons to visit the Gulf Coast during the off-season is because of the many events hosted throughout each community. To give you an idea of the fun you might be missing out on, we listed just a few of the October events in Pensacola, FL, below.
Now is the time to book your stay at Pensacola Beach. From beachfront condos to luxury homes, Southern offers a variety of accommodations for you to choose from. We even have rentals in downtown Pensacola that situate you within walking distance of many of the events included below.
Downtown Pensacola as well as Pensacola Beach are home to an extensive list of events to choose from. No matter how large your party is or your reason for visiting, there is sure to be an event that interests you. Not to mention, a lot of them are family-friendly for those traveling with kids!
Pensacola Seafood Festival: Happening the last weekend in September, the Pensacola Seafood Festival is highly anticipated each year by locals and visitors alike. Enjoy delicious seafood from local restaurants, shopping from different vendors, and tons of live music. This festival is located in Seville Square, a popular spot in downtown Pensacola.
Pensacola Beach Songwriter’s Festival: Calling all music lovers: you won’t want to miss the Pensacola Beach Songwriter’s Festival. From Thursday, October 4th, through Sunday, October 8th, you will enjoy four days of interrupted music. This annual event showcases new artists sharing their talent with the Pensacola community. You can also enjoy delicious food and views of the beautiful beach!
- CCB Nuts & Butts Festival: Coastal County Brewing is hosting their annual Nuts and Butts Festival again this year on October 7th, beginning at 1 pm, and we are so excited to attend. Arrive and savor slow-cooked Boston butts, a variety of flavored boiled peanuts, and live music. Make sure to also try a brew from Coastal County during the event.
- Brunch Fest: On Sunday, October 8th, the 3rd Annual Brunch Fest is taking place in Downtown Pensacola. Grab your ticket and head over to Seville Quarter for brunch bites. As a bonus, this event is benefiting the Boys and Girls Clubs along the Emerald Coast. We don’t know about you, but we never turn down an opportunity to enjoy a hearty brunch!
- Boo at the Zoo: Starting on Sunday, October 15th, and running until the following Sunday, October 29th, Boo at the Zoo returns! This event focuses on the little ones in your family where they can enjoy scare-free fun at the Gulf Breeze Zoo. Here you will find a trick-or-treat trail, bounce houses, face paint, and so much more. Make sure to dress the part and wear a fun costume during your time at this event.
- Beach-O-Ween: Head over to the Pensacola Boardwalk on October 20th from 4–8 p.m. for this year’s Beach-O-Ween. Kids of all ages can enjoy this event. Arrive and discover bounce houses, a costume contest, face painting and more. This event and all the activities included are free to the public. Your kids will love this event in Pensacola because of the activities, but also because of the candy dispersed along the boardwalk.
- Gallery Night Pensacola: Trick or Treat: If you have ever visited Pensacola before, then you know Gallery Night is an event that happens frequently throughout the year. However, this October, Gallery Night is Trick-or-Treat themed! Walk through downtown and enjoy art, culture, music, fun, and spooky Halloween vibes.
- Pensacola Lionfish Festival: This is one of the newer October events in Pensacola that has caught a lot of attention. The Pensacola Lionfish Festival is taking place on October 21st and 22nd and will consist of anglers diving to spear lionfish. This invasive species will then be prepared by various local restaurants throughout the area. They are delicious, and this festival is a great way to learn more about this interesting fish as well as the fishing community along the Gulf Coast.
- Latino Festival Pensacola 2023: From 12 to 8 p.m. on October 22nd, the Latino Festival will take over Museum Plaza. Admission is free to the public, so make sure to stop by and learn more about the Latin culture in Pensacola, FL. You can expect incredible food options, exciting live music, and activities for all ages.
- BarktoberFest: We can’t forget about the furry members of your family this October! Visit BarktoberFest, happening on October 29th from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. in Seville Square. Your pets will love the activities planned for them at this event. Pets are encouraged to look the part, so make sure to find your pet a costume this Halloween.
As you can see, there is no shortage of October events in Pensacola, FL. Book your stay today and participate in the community fun!