Things To Do In Fort Walton Beach, FL During Your Stay
Weekend Guide to Fort Walton Beach, FL
Thinking of getting away and experiencing a change in scenery? Consider Fort Walton Beach, FL for a family vacation, couples’ getaway, or reunion with friends. No matter your reason for visiting, Fort Walton Beach has everything you will need for a memorable stay. From a variety of accommodations including beachfront condos to delicious dining with fresh seafood, you are in for a treat! To help with planning the ultimate trip, we have included some of our favorite things to do in Fort Walton Beach below. Continue reading to discover where to stay, family-friendly activities, and the best restaurants for whatever you might be craving. Remember to visit our Gulf Coast Guide for more vacation inspiration.
ISLANDER BEACH RESORT #306
Enjoy incredible amenities and spacious accommodations when you stay at Islander Beach Resort 306. With two bedrooms and two full bathrooms, this vacation condo in Fort Walton Beach, FL can host up to 9 guests. Not to mention, you can see the water from your private balcony! The beach is just steps away allowing you to enjoy hours soaking up the Florida sunshine. Islander Beach Resort also includes a community pool, fitness facility, and BBQ grills for you to utilize during your stay.
This Fort Walton Beach, FL vacation condo includes three bedrooms and three full bathrooms providing space for 10 guests. Your kids will love staying at Waterscape C606 because of the incredible pool they have on-site. It features a lazy river and kiddie pool allowing every member in your group to enjoy it! Not to mention the beach is just steps away. A fully equipped kitchen, luxury finishes, a spacious private balcony, and more await at Waterscape C606!
Things to Do
There are tons of activities in Fort Walton Beach, FL. And, as a bonus, you are just a short drive away from all the city of Destin has to offer as well. For example, make the quick trip over for a fishing charter or other water adventures. Some area adventures in Fort Walton Beach are included below!
- Visit the Gulfarium for an educational experience of the animals that inhabit the Gulf of Mexico.
- Go kite surfing with XL Kites and get a different perspective of the beautiful beach!
- Walk along the Okaloosa Island Pier and spot fish out in the water.
Where to Eat
Just like with a myriad of activities, there are also plenty of options when it comes to restaurants in Fort Walton Beach, FL. From Asian cuisine, to fresh seafood the area offers it all. View the list below for ideas on where to eat throughout the city of Fort Walton Beach.
- Magnolia Grill – A piece of Fort Walton Beach history and a delicious menu.
- Burrito Del Sol – Fresh ingredients, a cool atmosphere, and Mexican cuisine with a coastal influence.
- Stewbys Seafood Shanty – Their gumbo is a must-try and they even have a seafood market attached to the restaurant.
- The Gulf – Live music, delicious cocktails, and dinner specials you will love.
- Fish House – Fresh seafood and wonderful customer service!
We hope this guide on things to do in Fort Walton Beach, FL is helpful when planning your next trip to the beach!