Your Guide To The Wharf in Orange Beach, AL
Adventure at The Wharf
Have you ever been to Orange Beach, AL? If yes, then you have likely visited The Wharf. This area is known for its shopping, dining, and family-friendly adventure! Whether you have visited The Wharf before or this is your first time hearing of it, we have listed a few of our favorite things to do below. There is an endless number of places to eat and activities to try. Continue reading for the ultimate guide to The Wharf in Orange Beach!
Ride the Ferris Wheel
The first thing to catch your eye as you drive into The Wharf (besides the tropical palm trees) is the Ferris Wheel. One of the tallest in the Southeast, this Ferris Wheel runs day and night and is even wheelchair accessible. It costs $8 per person to ride, and we promise the views from up here are worth every penny.
When you take a ride during the day, you can catch a glimpse of the water and get a bird’s eye view of your surroundings. However, the Ferris Wheel lights up at night offering a different experience. No matter which time of day you choose to hop on, you are in for a coastal treat!
Concerts at The Wharf Amphitheatre
One of the most popular reasons locals and visitors alike gather at The Wharf is because of the amphitheater located on-site. It welcomes some of the biggest names in country music history including Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean and Hank Williams. Country music isn’t all that you will find at The Wharf Amphitheatre. The Dave Matthews Band, 3 Doors Down and Jelly Roll are all on the scheduled shows list for 2023.
The outdoor space can hold up to 10,000 guests and always includes food vendors and merchandise from the featured artist. There is no better way to spend your Saturday night than with incredible music, great food and even better company.
Take a Dolphin Tour
If you are traveling with kids, booking a dolphin tour is a must! Experience what it is like to be out on the water while also seeing dolphins in their natural habitat. Dolphins call this area home so you are likely to see more than one during your excursion. Make sure to have your camera ready to capture their beauty. Not to mention, the look on your children’s faces when they see one will be priceless.
Not only are there tons of restaurants at The Wharf to try, each one offers an incredible menu. You can’t go wrong with any restaurant you choose. To give you an idea of the atmosphere and type of menu items you can find, we have listed 5 of the best places to eat at The Wharf in Orange Beach below:
- Ginny Lane Bar and Grill – Family-friendly atmosphere with a variety of delicious food to try. Everything from fresh seafood to mouth-watering brisket. Also find a selection of craft beers, creative cocktails, and refreshing wine options.
- Yo Ho Rum & Tacos – Casual dining and a waterfront view. Grab your friends for a night of tacos and tequila. Discover a variety of flavors through tacos, entrees, and even a curated cocktail menu.
- Mile Marker 158 Dockside – Perfect for a date night, this spot offers serene water views. A carefully selected menu and peaceful atmosphere make for a wonderful evening. Don’t forget to try their Fried Smoked Gouda Wedges.
- Vinny’s Pizzeria – For those who don’t love all things seafood, try this pizzeria! New York City-style pizza slices, classic pizzeria atmosphere, and Pac-Man? Count us in!
- Mo’Bay Beignet Co. – You can’t end the night without a little something sweet. Stop by for a “made from scratch,” warm beignet. Make sure to try it with at least one of their signature syrups.
You can’t head back to everyday life without a souvenir to remind you of the fun experiences along Coastal Alabama. Lucky for you, The Wharf in Orange Beach has both local boutiques and brands you love. Grab a new swimsuit or a piece of jewelry. Everything from luxury goods to coastal charm, you will find it here.
Feeling inspired to book your summer vacation with friends or family? Check out our inventory of Orange Beach rentals. We have options suitable for any travel party including large, luxurious homes and beachfront condos.
Book your stay today and use this guide to The Wharf in Orange Beach for assistance in planning the ultimate getaway! We look forward to hosting you along the beach.