Tailgating at the Beach and our Smoked Tuna Dip Recipe ~ Southern Vacation Rentals
Football may be in limbo, but the beach is always here! Even if there is no football season this year, you can still make the most of a beach vacation. Come on down to the beach with family and enjoy white sand, blue water, and some tailgating at the beach! Whether you’re grilling at the beach or making use of the grills offered in our beach vacation homes and condos, tailgating is always better at the beach. Just crack open a cold one and you’re all set!
And, to accompany your tailgate, we’re bringing you one of our favorite recipes – smoked tuna dip. You can easily make smoked tuna dip in your fully equipped kitchen, but if you don’t feel like cooking, you can also get it to go. Shunk Gulley Oyster Bar in 30A has some of the best yellowfin tuna dip around; if you’re staying in one of our 30A vacation rentals, make sure you stop by! Get your meals to go or stay and enjoy the atmosphere. Offering live music, great food, and Gulf views, you can’t go wrong with a stay here! Be sure to ask for the smoked tuna dip next time you visit!
Can’t make it out to eat? Not a problem – learn how to make smoked tuna dip for the next time you go tailgating at the beach, or just for tailgating at home!
Smoked Tuna Dip Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 5-oz can albacore tuna
- 1 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Paprika (smoked or regular) for garnish
This recipe yields about 1 1/2 cups and is intended to serve as an appetizer. To double the size for a larger group, be sure to add more tuna and cream cheese and season to taste.
Let’s Get Cookin’!
- Drain the tuna well. In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke garlic powder, salt, and paprika. Blend using a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference. Don’t add too much more liquid smoke, since a little goes a long way!
- Cover and chill in the fridge 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- When you’re ready to serve, add some extra paprika for garnish. Shunk Gulley Oyster Bar garnishes theirs with some finely diced scallions and Peruvian peppers. Enjoy with your favorite crackers or pita chips!
Looking to book your beach vacation this fall? Explore our wide selection of vacation homes and condos with everything you could need. Whether you’re coming with a large group or traveling with just your closest friends, we’ve got something for everyone! We can’t wait to see you at the beach this fall!