The Perfect Grouper Bites Recipe ~ Southern Vacation Rentals
Have you been out fishing on the Gulf this summer? The plentiful waters mean that you’re bound to reel in a good catch, whether it’s snapper, grouper, mahi – there’s no telling what you might find! If you’ve reeled in some grouper recently and are looking for a new recipe you’ll want to make time and time again, try out this incredible grouper bites recipe. Paired with your favorite side, a creamy tartar sauce, and an ice-cold pale ale, there isn’t a summer dish more perfect than this! In addition, you probably also already have all of the ingredients on hand. If you’re vacationing here on the Gulf Coast, you can easily find these items at your local grocery store. Make this grouper bites recipe for your next socially distant gathering; we guarantee they’ll be a hit!
What You’ll Need:
Makes 5-6 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 – 1 1/2 pound grouper fillet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp quick-cooking grits
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Canola oil
- To make this grouper bites recipe, carefully cut your grouper into 1-inch bite-size nuggets and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs, then stir together milk and pour over the grouper bites. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1-3 hours.
- Combine flour, breadcrumbs, cornstarch, grits, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and chili powder in a gallon-sized plastic bag with a sturdy top. Add the grouper bites to the bag and shake to coat. Chill for 30-60 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, pour 2 inches of canola oil and heat to 350 degrees. Add the grouper bites carefully so that you don’t splash the hot oil!
- Fry in batches for 4-6 minutes, until crispy and golden. Transfer to a paper towel on a plate and allow to cool before serving.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed making this grouper bites recipe! Be sure to visit our blog to check out our other monthly recipes. We’ve featured everything from fish tacos to festive cocktails and the perfect lemon icebox pie. If you’ve made any of our other recipes and enjoyed them, we’d love to see! Tag us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using #MySweetSouthern for a chance to be featured on our page.