Hangout Music Festival Tips ~ Southern Vacation Rentals
The Hangout Music Festival in Gulf Shores is right around the corner! Seasoned veterans will know what to expect, but for those going for the first time, it can be a little overwhelming. Music isn’t the only thing here! There will be carnival games, a Ferris wheel, great food, and more! The Hangout Music Festival stretches for miles across Gulf Shores’ beautiful beaches, and you’ll want to explore everything — you should! Today we’re bringing you our best Hangout Music Festival tips, so you’ll be looking like a seasoned pro in no time.
Bring a water bottle
- This may seem like a no-brainer, but bringing a refillable water bottle is key to surviving Hangout! You’ll be under the sun all day, and buying bottled water can get pricey. It’s so important to stay hydrated! There are Camelbak fill-up stations all over the festival so you can stay hydrated at all times. However, the festival does ask that you bring a clear water bottle! Fortunately, Amazon and other retailers have tons of options to choose from. Just be sure to leave those glass bottles at home.
- You may be surprised at all the things you need (and don’t need) at a music festival! Leave your tents, umbrellas, glow sticks, lounge chairs, and selfie sticks at home, as the festival won’t let you in with them. Instead, bring a beach blanket or towel, sunglasses and hats, and liquid sunscreen. You’ll be having so much fun, you won’t need all that extra stuff! This year, Hangout is asking attendees to leave large backpacks at home and opt for clear bags and backpacks or a fanny pack instead.
- Festival attire is fun, but be sure to keep it simple. Avoid tight-fitting clothing and wear something loose and cool instead! Leave your jeans at home and opt for denim shorts. You’re on the beach, so a bathing suit is a must! Any seasoned beach-goer knows that trudging through the sand can be tiresome, so pack a pair of flip flops to easily slip them on and off.
There’s more than just music
- Yes, Hangout is a music festival, but it’s more than just that. While you’re here, you can enjoy art exhibits, roller disco, and great food — just to name a few. A new but fun addition to Hangout is the puppy kissing booth! Meet tons of cute pups from local shelters and get a chance to smooch a pooch. Don’t forget to snap a photo!
- Revive all your summer camp memories at Camp Hangout: you can play tug of war, roast s’mores, swim in the Gulf, and more! (No, this is not an overnight camping experience, but you’ll wish it was!)
Catch the bus
- One thing we don’t recommend is trying to drive to Hangout! Traffic will be packed all throughout Orange Beach and Gulf Shores and will get more congested the closer you get to the festival. Hangout offers shuttle passes for easy travel, so you don’t have to worry about fighting the traffic. You can ride on any line at any time, and they have several lines depending on where you’re staying. If you’re lucky, some artists will pop on your bus for a private party, making riding the buses that much more enticing!
Go with a group
- The more, the merrier! Get together with your best friend group for an unforgettable time! Festivals are fun with one or two people, but a larger group makes for fun photo ops and memories. If your group hasn’t booked somewhere to stay yet, we have a few suggestions for some last-minute reservations.
- The Colonnades 503 is a fabulous beach-front condo in Gulf Shores that can sleep up to 12 guests – it’s perfect for Hangout! As an added bonus, it’s within walking distance to the festival!
- Phoenix VII 905 in Orange Beach also comes equipped with stunning beach views with enough space for eight guests. Phoenix VII is known for its stunning Orange Beach condos and is located near the East Line shuttle stops, so you can get to the festival in a breeze!
- If a condo in Orange Beach is what you have in mind, we love The Wharf 506. This is a popular spot, and it won’t last for long! Up to six guests can stay here and enjoy the wonderful resort amenities, from a lazy river to an on-site fitness facility.
- Book any of these condos and more with Southern to avoid any added fees! It’ll make the process that much simpler.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our Hangout Music Festival Tips! Remember to bring your water bottle and your sunscreen and get ready to have a good time. We’ll see you at the beach!