The Perfect Fourth of July Themed Appetizer for Your Beach Stay
Have you ever heard of watermelon pizza? It is not only delicious and beautiful but also the perfect Fourth of July themed appetizer for your beach stay. Watermelon pizza consists of a slice of watermelon, topped with a creamy mixture and your favorite fruits. You can customize it to your family’s liking however, today we will focus on fruits that will turn this treat into the highlight of your Fourth of July party. It is quick to assemble, requires only a few ingredients, and is the perfect food item for your kids to assist you with. They will love watching this summer snack come to life. Continue reading for our take on the watermelon pizza and make sure to tag us on social when you recreate this delicious appetizer, @southern_vacationrentals.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 4 Ounces Cool Whip
- ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Cup Strawberries
- ½ Cup Raspberries
- ½ Cup Blackberries
- ½ Cup Blueberries
- ¾ Cup Coconut Shavings
- Mint to Garnish
- Slice your watermelon. You can use as many slices of the watermelon as you would like. This recipe is meant for the largest slice, so you may need to make more of each component if you plan on having more than one pizza.
- Grill your watermelon slices for 2 minutes on each side. This step is optional; however, it really makes a difference! It will make your pizza seem a lot fancier than it is.
- Mix the softened cream cheese until it is light and fluffy. Add in the cool whip, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until combined. Refrigerate
- Cut up your strawberries. You can cut the other fruits if you would like, however, we find they are typically bite-size already.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the slice of the watermelon and add your fruit. You can add them in a pattern or mix them randomly. Top with coconut shavings and mint.