Four Restaurants to Try During Your Gulf Coast Adult Getaway ~ by Southern
Whether the kids are back in school or you’re planning a honeymoon, fall is the perfect time of year for a Gulf Coast adult getaway. One of the best things you can do during your vacation is to try out some of the incredible cuisine offered in your area! After a day at the beach, hang up your flip-flops and get ready to sample fare from some of the Gulf Coast’s most popular restaurants. We’ve highlighted some of our favorite restaurants for you to discover, boasting everything from incredible desserts, seafood, and equally magnificent views. Bon appetite!
Pensacola Beach – Casino Beach Bar & Grille
Located in the heart of Pensacola Beach, Casino Beach Bar & Grille will give you views of the Gulf of Mexico complimented by food as equally tasty. Enjoy outdoor seating under bright blue umbrellas, or order your favorite cocktail from the full-service bar and lounge on the sugar white sands. This popular Pensacola Beach restaurant also offers brunch, making it a winner in our books!
- What to Share: Crab Cakes: two jumbo lump crab cakes with black sesame, tempura, green tomatoes, and Creole Remoulade sauce.
- What to Savor: Pan Seared Gulf Grouper: paired with corn risotto, grilled asparagus, and sweet potato hay all topped with tabasco beurre blanc. The grouper comes highly rated by locals and visitors alike!
Destin – Harbor Docks
One of Destin’s most popular spots, Harbor Docks has a fabulous location right on Destin’s harbor. Sit at the outdoor patio and watch the boats cruise by on the East Pass as you dine. Harbor Docks is open daily for lunch from 11 AM – 4 PM and 5-11PM for dinner. Plus, Harbor Docks also serves breakfast Friday-Sunday from 7-10:30 AM!
- What to Share: House-Smoked Yellowfin Tuna made with Local Market pickles and served with spicy potato chips. We could snack on this all day long!
- What to Savor: Shrimp and Grits: Gulf shrimp, mushrooms, Caribbean butter sauce served with smoked gouda stone-ground grits and a toasted baguette. Smoked gouda grits are one of our favorite things to order at a restaurant, and Harbor Docks does not disappoint!
Gulf Shores – Sunset Cork Room
One of Gulf Shores’ best-kept secrets lies at the Sunset Cork Room Restaurant & Wine Bar. Open from 4-10 PM Tuesday-Saturday, Sunset Cork Room claims “Your evening begins at sunset,” and aim to offer an intimate and delicious dining experience you won’t find elsewhere. Their extensive wine list invites you to try something outside your comfort zone. They also offer a private dining hall for your use.
- What to Share: Sweet Home Farms Cheese Plater: locally sourced cheeses with fresh assortments from local farmer markets and crostinis. What’s not to love?
- What to Savor: Beef Short Rib: red wine and sofrito slow-braised short rib, mirepoix, braising liquid over garlic mashed potatoes and topped with crispy onion hay.
Orange Beach – The Southern Grind Coffee House at The Wharf
If you’ve been to The Wharf in Orange Beach between 2012 and now, you’ve possibly stumbled upon this slice of Southern charm. The Southern Grind Coffee House boasts family recipes, homemade pastries, and fresh ingredients in everything they prepare. They serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and coffee, so you’re sure to satisfy all your cravings here! Save room for a scoop or two of gelato afterward!
- What to Share: For breakfast – Avocado Egg Melt: three eggs scrambled with melted cheddar cheese, topped with sliced avocado, and served with a side of fruit and salsa.
- What to Savor: Chicken Salad Sandwich: Jaime’s recipe of grilled chicken, red grapes, walnuts, celery, and spices, mixed together and served on a flaky, buttery croissant.
How are you spending your Gulf Coast adult getaway? If you’ve got one in mind but still need somewhere to book, then check out our available vacation rentals in Destin, Pensacola Beach, Gulf Shores, and more. We’ll see you at the beach!